Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Out of my Mind ep.3

(Written on the 7th of April)

I'm out of my mind.

This is a story that was not meant to play. It usually goes from rising action to denouement, and all is resolved within itself. This is not how it goes.

But I hear the clanging of the bells. If not from my own insane mind, then somewhere in a distance. And maybe because it's too far that I can't really hear what it's trying to tell me. I think it's saying:

You're out of your mind.

And I'm not even begging to differ. I know the character I play, and I know I stand in the crossfire. I know I'm the one holding the lighter fluid and setting myself alight...but heck, the pyromaniac in me says go ahead. Let's see how hot the flames burn. We're all doomed to burn anyway. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. We all play with fire.

But I'm out of my mind.

I'm feeling the burn and I know I should take a dive into the river. I know I should douse the flames and feel the chill down to my bones. The only way out is to fight my way in. Cos to change what's within won't happen anytime soon. But believe me, carving out my insides is not a daily practice I occupy myself with.

So, I'm out of my mind.

Tell me something new. Tell me what's the safest bet. For the love of the all-consuming, blazing fire or for the safety of the coolness of the icy falls? Either way I'm wrecking the play, and the director might be screaming...but in my state tonight, I'm sick with a fever and deaf in one ear.

Love, LinZy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment