Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Tribute to a Fellow Nyn9r

I've been behind on the current news these past few days, I've hardly touched any newspapers, nor even I have the time to switch on the tv for the 8 o'clock news. Heck, I'm not even home for the 8 o'clock news.

So I was shocked when I saw several of my schoolmates joining groups dedicated to a 15 year old boy named Aminulrasyid.

Who is this boy? What happened? And then I read the news...

My heart stopped. Why would the police shoot a 15 year old boy dead? What did he do? Why this juvenile who is not even of age to be tried as an adult? This boy who is the same age as my brother?

It hit especially close to home because, it simply was. The boy was from Shah Alam. Section 11. I used to hang out there often. Spent many a lazy day at the mamak. The boy went to my school. Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Seksyen 9. He's stepped on the same ground I used to tread when I was his age. I sat in those same classrooms. I stood at attention in that same hall. And at his age, in that school, PMR looming closer, I felt the wonder of tomorrow, and a future that soon will be mine.

And his was taken away from him.

What could warrant a shootout at a young boy? 26 shots went into him for what? For driving without a license? For doing what any kid would do caught in the act...running away? Where is the justice in that? Even if the police couldn't see who it was, how old the driver was...why shoot him 26 times? In cases like that, why couldn't they shoot the tyres so he couldn't get away? 26 times? That was shooting to kill. That seems like the doing of some trigger-happy bunch of people.

Here was a 15 year-old boy who went to take the family car for a spin, but had a run in with the police and tried to get away, just a mere 100 meters from his home. And to stop him from taking off, the police shoot him. 26 times. Tell me what in the bleeding hell is that.

And the excuses I've been reading? I think it's all pure BS. The initial report, I can hardly believe. I think they're stories to make up for a terrible mess up.

Perhaps I am cynical, but I've been having a hard time believing in people nowadays. And perhaps I'm just too skeptical, but I cannot imagine what I read be the actual case.

And the saddest thing? This boy will probably never see justice be upheld.

So dear Aminulrasyid, may you rest in peace, and may Allah bless you. And I pray that justice be met. Amin.

A former Nyn9r,
Hazlin

Do read:
This, and
This.
And tell me what you think.

2 comment(s):

Azha said...

Hazlin, this is so heartbreaking.. There is only one thing lingers on my mind..his mother:(
she might be down..down..and down..when justice doesn't lean towards the boy:(
people are bloody cruel.we know who these people are.just imagine if the boy is our sibling.oh crap, I can't even imagine that.

Hazlin Aminudin said...

Kan? I find this so heartbreaking as well. He's the same age as my brother and I was thinking how my mother and our whole family would feel if we were in his family's shoes. And we almost know for sure that nobody is gonna blame the cops for their mess...Justice seems almost impossible :(

Post a Comment