Thursday, April 08, 2010

Everyday Things

It's the little things that could make everyday life wonderful. Often it's not the over the top gestures that get me, but the often taken-for-granted things that are often overlooked that gets me, and it puts on a smile on my face the whole day.

The little things that I love in my everyday life:

  • Waking up to a wonderful sight of dawn.
  • The janitors around my apartment (the one at my old block C1 especially) who are always ready with a "good morning, miss".
  • Upon reaching my office building, stopping by at the side of the road to buy my morning dose of nasi lemak and/or meehun (or I eat it for tea time or lunch if I'm not going out). The man who sells the nasi lemak is always smiling and very friendly.
  • My team's spam mails that we send each other, but really, it's the accompanying commentary that is really fun, not the original content of the email itself.
  • My one-on-one lunch sessions
  • The small gestures that he presents me with that may seem small and insignificant to some, but means the world to me
  • Cooking dinner (when I do cook)
  • Chatting with my housemates, or colleagues
  • My gtalking with my mom/Sarah/Raqib and occasionally others
  • Reading my daily comic, LICD
  • Our saying goodnight to each other before I go to bed.
There is more than this, and perhaps I've even typed all this out before. But these things are so beautiful to me that it needs constant repeating. It's really the simple things that makes life all the better. And I thank God for letting them happen every day. And I thank God that I still have everyday to have these things.

Love,
Linzy

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment