Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Today in (Last Year's) History ep. 1

Logging onto Xanga yesterday, there was a question posted on the main page that rather caught my eye. The question went: What were you doing this time last year?, or something to that effect. And I went into thought wondering what exactly occupied my time this date in the year before.

To be honest, I don't remember. I didn't go to lengths to check out the date properly, just relying on memory to see whether there was anything worth the space in my mind's harddisk. I'll probably check my journals and photos later for confirmation and will update this entry later.

For now lets go about this based solely on my Dory-like forgetfulness.

But then, thinking about it, there was not much to occupy my memory anyway. If I'm not mistaken, it was the semester holidays then, right after the short semester (just like now), and life was same old, same old. I was probably in Kulim then, either lazing about at home, at my siblings' school waiting to pick them out or out with my mom shopping or having a drink. Just another typical day at home for me, no matter where I am.

Before you tell me my life is lame, let me get to my point. I've always known that my life has been uneventful. Lifelong homebody I am. Both by choice and design. And I have been fine with that. I have always been content with what I have, and do not resent not being able to have more than what is attainable. Not that I do not dream of more, but I take what I can, a step at a time and be thankful of what I do have.

And no, you do not have the right to tell me that I do not know what I'm missing. Everything is relative. By your definition, I am probably someone who has not seen the world enough to know what I want. But what you think does not matter. This is my life, and what I want and what the people I care about want is what matters to me most. I am what I am because of my choices in life. If you cannot appreciate the way I choose to live my life, then that would mean you do not respect the person I am.

So, today in history, I was 21 going on 22, living an uneventful but contented life with a good family and wonderful friends. Anything more going on on that day would have just been a bonus, because I already was happy.

Love, LinZy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment