Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our Getaway


I'm still reeling from the high that I've been on since the last two days. I've always believed that life is good, but the last couple of days proved that life can be more than just good, it can be perfect.

The last few weeks have just been too much to stomache. I was drowning in assignments and presentations so much so that I hardly had the chance to breathe, the chance to sleep. I was edgy and short-tempered and not at my very best. I think my family, friends and my sayang can testify to that. Bloodshot eyes and spaced out, blank faces was the order of those weeks.

But then comes the awaited moment when all assignments and presentations are finally over. Just *poof*, like it didn't even disturb the air. Even when in truth it ruffled more than just feathers. But miraculously the day's here and I'm free and if there was one thing that I couldn't do while all this was going on, I was gonna take this time of freedom and go ahead and seize it. And that would be spending time with Ash.

We had gone three weeks without going out. Well, with our little band of friends, yes, but not just the two of us. Time hasn't really been kind as to let us spend time together. But after much planning, then scrapping, then planning and cancelling, and finally plan again, we finally made it. And it was all worth the while.

It was just too wonderful to put into words. All I wish is that, I can have another wonderful day like that again. In that time, all there was was our enjoying the weather, the scenery, the strolling and just basically spending time together. Not once did the idea of exams and classes and the stress of campus cross my mind...except for that slip I made when I wanted to say 'advertisements' but said 'assignments' instead. For a while I had to put my hand over Ash's mouth cos he didn't wanna stop saying 'assignments' over and over.

*Sigh* I want another day just like that one. Life going back to normal seems almost cruel after that day. Well...maybe soon. Until then, thank you, sayang, for being there with me, for such a wonderful time. Me love you very very very much.

Love, Linzy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment