Thursday, August 05, 2004

Happy Birthday Julia!

On this same date, 5th of August, last year, 2003, a traumatic incident scarred Julia, Sarah, Lina and me… WE GOT STUCK IN THE BLOODY SCIENCE BUILDING LIFT!!! We were happily talking in the lift after Arabic class as it started to descend when it suddenly stopped, right in between two floors. We really panicked; especially Lina who started screaming for help. The guys who were still on the top floor peered at us from the upper floor of the 2 floors we were stuck between; and they were snickering at us. I was quiet at first, trying to figure out how in the world we were gonna get out of that predicament when the lift started to plunge quite fast to the bottom. At that moment I really thought we were done for cos, well, falling from that height…surely the impact would be fatal. So, Julia gave her phone to me (cos well, knowing me, I almost never have enough credit) and I dialed the number that was under the logo of the lift company. While I was trying to be calm and explain the situation we were in, the lift suddenly started to slowly and normally move downwards and opened its doors on the ground floor where Anis was laughing her head off. We shaken and relieved came out of the lift and at first were trembling; then we looked at each other and laughed like a bunch of crazies together with Anis. And then, Julia said “God was trying to tell me something” and we laughed more… Now, one year from that incident, I’m happy to say that we still are very much alive and kicking and Julia is another year older. Yes, the incident with the lift happened on Julia’s birthday. And she’s probably reading this and laughing remembering that silly day we had. And with that I want to wish you Julia a very HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY!!! Cayang you!!!!

(Sigh) I have a computer exam tomorrow and I haven’t studied squat. I’m just so lazy. All I ever do these days is play lame games like “Same Game” and read Angel and Buffy transcripts. And even worse, I sleep and sleep and sleep. I just hate that. It makes me feel so useless.

Oh, but I finally got permission to go back a day earlier, meaning that I am able to go back on Thursdays instead on Fridays. So I’m not gonna miss any Buffy episodes after all. Yaaay! No more missing Spike…Hehehe… But then again, I could no longer go online floor 3 hours on Thursday nights… Don’t worry though, I’ve decided to go online every Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons to make up for Thursday.

Oh, I forgot to tell the whole Picture Taking Bangladeshi incident. You see, last Saturday in Sunway Lagoon, my dad’s company had their family day. It coincided with another company’s family day and this particular company had loads of foreign workers. So you could say that the place was crawling with Vietnamese, Bangladeshis, Burmese, Indons etc. And these people, they were snapping photos of themselves happily next to a bunch of flowers, the pool, some kiddie ride and even next to a lamppost. Lamppost? Yup, a lamppost…WITH ME IN THE BACKGROUND. I only realized too late that they were trying to get pictures of me. Even after they have walked quite far off, they were still zooming their cameras on me and snapping photos. And before you think that I’m just boasting that some dudes wanted to take pictures of me, let me explain to you why I’m telling you this story in the first place. Well, Fizzy came up with this theory that it happened to me thanx to my mischievousness. You know how I like to secretly snap photos of my lecturers that I don’t like and totally disfigure them. She thinks it’s a punishment…Heheheh…. Yeah, I have to agree, it must be a punishment. As flattered as I was that some people actually want pictures of me; I am peeved by the fact that pictures of me are in some stranger’s album…Eeeew….

Hmm….for some weird reason, the other day while I was in the car listening to the radio, I cried when “Angels” came on. It was all very sudden and the next thing I know I had tears flowing freely. OK, fine, I know why it happened, but I didn’t expect something like that would happen. Sure I get a sudden rush of emotion but usually that’s just about it. That particular day, I dunno, maybe I was feeling a bit vulnerable.

I do not like to say that I hate my life. I hate being so negative. I love my life but sometimes the things that stand in your way, posing as hurdles are so unbearable that it just breaks you. There are times when things just come to you unbidden and mar your entire day and make you fall into misery. Just a few minutes ago I received something that just wiped off whatever trace of happiness away from my face. There are just so many things up in my head disturbing me, and then, yet another comes in without knocking, unwelcomed. Makes me so sad, so angry. Sometimes, I wish I could just go to sleep and not wake up until everything bad has come to pass. I want it out of my head. Out. Out. OUT!

There were more things that I wanted to say. More thoughts I wanted to put into writing, but I can’t anymore. Not now that is. The thing that came charging at me a while ago has rendered me sad and angry. So maybe I’ll just leave you with this at the moment. And until I can sort out my head again, this shall be all.

Bye people. Good luck in your COM I exam. Have a great holiday (nevermind the fact that it’s only a week). And JULIA… HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN! *Hugs and kisses from me*

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment