Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Selfless

#13

Asdil had to attend court today. He received a subpoena the day before asking him to present himself as a witness to a crime that happened in November last year. I accompanied him there, first time for both of us ever being near or in court. The court case is to be moved to another day, though, because the accused claimed that he is not well enough to go through the hearing. Total bull, of course, but I suppose that's how it goes for these kind of case.

So what happened? Well, long story short, Asdil saw a man fall off a bike, and another man yelled out that the man just stole the motorbike. The man ran and Asdil gave chase. After some heart-stopping stunts, Asdil, along with some help, managed to nab the guy and turn him in.

I wasn't there, of course, when the crime happened. when Asdil told me about it, how he chased the man right up along the LDP, for the most part I was worried about how much he risked his safety. But at the same time, I couldn't help feeling so proud of his selflessness in wanting to put an end to the crime.

This is a glimpse into why when I'm with him, I know I can trust him with my life. He selflessly puts others before himself, he's protective and makes me feel safe. And even when he's not around, I know he's just at the other end of the phone, and will always be here for me. Asdil's my hero, and I love him.

P/s: Happy 26th wedding anniversary to my parents :)

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment