Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Little Things

#29

Sometimes it is not the elaborate gestures that tug so hard at these heart strings. It's the little things that can mean so much, be the weight that makes my heart so full, threatening to burst with so much emotion.

Like, the way you're always the first one who'd reach out to hold hands as we walk. Like how you'd brush my hair away when it gets in my face. It can be the hugs that we'd share after a few days apart. Or talking in the car as we drive. Or singing the same songs, even if my song-knowledge can definitely not surpass yours.

And it can even be a simple sms or a call. It might not seem like much, but the thought that you might be missing me just like I am missing you could really make my day. Just a few words by sms could send me soaring.

It can be just cooking together, then sitting down while watching a movie. It can be just being in the same room, reading different books, but just being together.

Mundane, I know, but it's the little things that remind me I'm alive and in love. And for that I am thankful.

I love you, Asdil.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment