Wednesday, February 03, 2010

L.I.L

I stumbled across some old, unpublished blog entries of mine in my old laptop. The entries that never saw the light of day due to it being redundant or irrelevant by the time I got around to finishing it, or it just never was finished. For the most part, it's the second situation I often find myself in.

But redundant or not, forever unfinished or will be completed some day, one phrase caught my attention in an unpublished entry sometime in early April 2008. It went somewhere along these lines: "...I've never met Linzy in Love, I'm sure she's someone I would love to meet".

Reading that put a smile on my face, because, almost two years on, and Linzy in Love is still standing here loving more and more, and I'm still getting to know her mysterious ways.

I'll tell you a little story:

Linzy in Love was at the beginning an elusive shadow. She came in the night and whispered words like secrets and gave visions of contentment. She enticed me with dreams of warmth and smiles and a fullness beyond anything I understood. And amongst the haze of happiness, a familiar face, a comforting smile held out his arms.

I knew him. And I felt the familiar tug at the heartstrings wanting to play. But I held back to ask myself if I could play this tune? Was it mine to take to the stage? And so I toyed with doubt. Let questions play its broken record. And I continued singing out of tune.

But Fate has her way with things. She orchestrates time and places to come together and make something happen. And in my story, it has something to do with a botched trip to the sungai, Yumi's backseat, and a lone pin embedded somewhere in Yumi's car. A weird combination to say the least, but it's one helluva story to tell the kids one day :)

And it happened. The pieces of bolts and wheels put in place ran like clockwork and played on. Oh how it played on. And who else be playing at the strings but Linzy in Love.

I've met Linzy in Love, and she redefined my life.

And my Asdil, the man whom Linzy in Love gave that love to, is the reason to why Linzy is in Love. No one makes me smile all the more than having him in my life. My days are wonderful, and stormy weather never stays all that long. His arms are promises of safety and comfort. Thoughts of him are accompanied by a tingling ache somewhere in the region of my heart. A lump gets caught in my throat as my emotions overwhelm me. And in my mind's eye, all my thoughts of the future has him as the feature attraction. And who am I to deny that? :p

This is Linzy in Love signing off. Off for more lovin'...

Love,
Linzy in Love

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment