Wednesday, May 05, 2004

"Contradiction"

“Contradiction” 7.56pm, 30th April 2004

Can you taste me?
Taste the irony in my bitter flavoured life?
I keep lying to you
I am not all sweet as honey in a hive
Everyday I riddle my existence with denial
I am not what I seem to be
I offer comfort yet with no shelter
I give love but have none
I cry but with no tears
My face belies my emotions
I sing yet have no voice
And I can’t give you any more than promises.
I am nothing but a contradiction
I am incongruent
Misshapen by the cruel hands of time
I am broken
I am to be spit out
Like the bad seed they say I am
Where then I may grow
Into the proverbial rose
Thorns at my side
Pricking your fingers
Untouchable yet vulnerable
That is me
Inconsistent
Like a puddle of water
I am staring through a fence
With my petals falling.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment