Thursday, September 02, 2010

Highschool memories

Sometimes I come across albums newly posted on Facebook of schoolmates who just got engaged or married. I don't bother to look into the album, it's a waste of time really. But I cannot help thinking thoughts that are mean, and yet very gratifying, even though they just cannot happen.

Like I said, I know it's mean, and so vengeful, but I look at many a schoolmate, especially the guys who were painfully mean to me, and I feel like sending a message to their fiances/wives to tell them that the guy they are associating themselves with have no respect for a person who does not fit into his viewframe. I feel like telling these girls to make sure men like these don't breed more of such people when they have offspring. There is no more room for people who cannot appreciate uniqueness.

That is, of course, assuming that these girls don't hold the same outlook as the guy they're gonna be hitched to.

I had my share of pain in highschool. I'm sure everybody did. While I don't hold my demons close and dear to me, I cannot accept that there are so many stupid people in the world. And I dread for my children to have to go through the same. I had to go through too much, and while it has made me a better person, this day and age, such pressure could almost kill.

I don't want my children growing up with people who tell you that you are unworthy of being loved because you are ugly and are not of the same standards of certain people. I don't want people telling them they are ugly and fat and unattractive. I don't want my children to be told that the only way to have somebody even give them the time of day, they would need to pay that person. I don't want my children have teachers pick on them because they are not popular or pretty like the others.

Patience, knowledge that I am better than such people, and serenity of mind kept my chin up, even though many times I felt like caving, and believing the words people said. But nowadays, the pressure is high, and not being able to live up to peer pressure takes a deep toll on many kids. I'm afraid of my children's future.

So I often feel like giving my highschool tormentors a piece of my mind. And tell their wives/fiancees also that they should keep an eye out and ensure that no such scum of the earth is brought up. Of course, I can also give them a reason of a doubt and say they're changed now, but well, just in case.

In any case, I have no frakking idea why these people are in my Facebook list of friends anyway. I should definitely annihilate them. Spring cleaning here I come :P


Love,
Linzy

2 comment(s):

Humaira said...

u are so right, Hazlin. There are times when i wish i cld just meet up my ex schoolmates and just tell them what i have wanted to tell them for a very very long time. Like, 'hey look, u used to make fun of my intellect and my very existence, but i am the one whom Allah has blessed with a great career and great friends while you ...well u are leading a mundane life'.

*hugs*

My highschool years were beyond horrible. m glad i got out of it.

Hazlin Aminudin said...

Humaira, yep, I sometimes cannot rein in my anger and I do feel like seeing these people and tell them they have no victory over me. They cannot break my spirit, no matter how much they used to judge me and torment me based on what they see only. I want them to know that despite it all, I am happy and nothing they can say will ever bring me down again.

I should forgive and forget, but sometimes the pent up pain just gets the better of you. For their sakes, I hope they have long lost that childishness in them and are better people now.

Thanks for sharing dear. *hugs* I pray those demons never shadow your life again.

Post a Comment