Sunday, March 07, 2010

Random thoughts on...

...Love:

Sometimes...

...I get scared of loving. The memory of heartbreak is like the shadow that follows behind you even in the bright sun...especially in the bright sun. The all too familiar lingering of doubt reminding that pain is simply the flipside of the same coin. But he looks at me, smiles, holds me and kisses me, and that shadow of a doubt melts in the afterglow.

...when he's not looking, or I think that he doesn't notice, I commit to memory the curve of his back, the nook of his neck, the shape of his shoulders, the texture of his hair, the feel of his hands, the hard gentleness of his arms, and a million other subtleties one might take for granted; so I may find him in the dark, and recognize him, just in case sight is taken from me.

...I spin poetry in my head with every thought of him.

...when he holds out his hand to take mine, all the world just falls away; and I am just his. And contentedly so.

...I think love is perfect in its imperfection.

Love,
Linzy

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment