Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wordless

He asks me:
What did I do to deserve you?
(As he wraps me in his arms and holds me close).

I tell him:
You didn't have to do anything.
I just love you for you.
(And I put my arms around him in turn, searching his face).


In my heart:
A million answers rushed to the fore.
Raising a storm that threatened to let the tears flow.
(I believe when all emotion is too much to bear for words to trail to follow, tears take its place).


All the other things I wanted to say:
You love me, and that's all there is to it.
Because you walked in and filled in the empty spaces in my heart.
Because we fit perfectly.
When things were darkest, you shone a light.
Because seeing your smile everyday is worth waking up for.
Because no one has made me smile inside and out so much.
Because you're everything to me.

....

All that, and a thousand more answers.

I love you, Sayang. More than words can ever express.
If I ever fail to say the things you want to hear, or I stumble when we're looking into each other, that's only because I haven't the words to say it, and perhaps never will. In my silence I'm falling deeper in love.

I'm wordlessly in love.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment