Saturday, February 16, 2008

He's so Cold

(written for FidZy)

We don't talk anymore. So often now we sit next to one another without ever saying a word. In silence we would stay until I accept that he would not say a thing no matter how long I sit by his side. We do not talk. I'm not even sure he listens. So sometimes I leave. Leave him to himself; hoping on another day he'd talk to me.

Sometimes I stare deep into his eyes to see any trace of acknowledgement. Just hoping that he'd see me, to let him know that I'm there for him if he ever wants to talk. But he doesn't. He just gives me a smile that hardly reaches his eyes, let alone his cold heart. He doesn't talk. And so I go, perhaps another day.

He's so still. Unmoving. Stares off into space, thinking... Thinking thoughts that I know are not of me. I'm tired of this. Tired of trying when he never bothers to. Maybe there's no use coming around anymore. Waiting on a person who can't even turn his head to show you he sees you; that he cares. He's so cold. So I'll say goodbye.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment