Friday, September 14, 2012

Promise

I once made a promise to myself. It was so long ago, long enough for me to struggle to remember when, but not too distant an idea for it not to have popped up in my mind of late.

I made it after years of growing up never seeing a sorta peace mending the frayed ties. I made it after never having the assurance of... What's the word? A four-letter word, I'm sure. I made it because I never wanted to be her.

I admit, sometimes I wonder if we're doomed to commit the same mistakes. Sometimes I wonder if the world is just too far gone to have faith in it any longer.

I'd like to tell myself I'd prove myself wrong, that faith will prevail in the end, and in my heart of hearts I know it will... But sometimes, it's hard to lend weight to faith when you're used to being disappointed.

But I woild like to hold true to my promise, and if it isn't this, then it will be nothing at all.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment