Saturday, July 02, 2011

Moments

Those little moments, his small gestures, the simplest of words; they play again and again in my head like a melody you cannot get out of your head. It makes me hum along and smile, like an inside joke only I understand. They are the simplest kind, something as forgettable as your next breath, a moment so fleeting you'd miss if you blink. But only to another person. To me, these are the moments that make time without him fly by. They keep me warm in my chilly office and caresses my heart to comfort the tense nerves. These are the moments I treasure, a catalogue of intimacies between the two of us that closes the chasm lying in the middle when we are apart. His gestures like a tattoo burned into the expanse of my skin leaves a lingering warmth that I wear on me like a second skin. And when we're together again, he renews these emotions, stirs them up again and set me on fire anew.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment