Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Misery

We have to stop meeting like this. Say goodbye to the night and leave the rain we use as guise. And you have to stop dropping in, saying "hi" from time to time. Just let my lonely nights go on by.

I could have sworn I pulled the lock, thought I saw you to the door. But here you again, like you did before.

Then I'd boil the water, steep the tea, and from across the divide of the table, again you'd say, "join me".

"Didn't I say hearts get in the way. Everyone gets a chance to play, but in the end, all losers in the fray. Didn't I warn of storm and thunder, hearts being torn asunder in the rapid heat of blinding blunder. Didn't I say, you'd come back to me. Reminded of what it used to be. A shadow of yourself is all to see".

Well, maybe, maybe. But I know how Misery loves company. And you're here only to make merry your lonesome party.

We have to not meet like this ever more, because I don't believe in you anymore. No matter what I said before.

This is only but a moment. A fraction in the infinity of time spent. Step aside and let it happen.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment