Thursday, September 03, 2009

Surprise

I've been silent for quite a long while. And again I cite the fact that life has been so good (despite its many tests of endurance along the way) these past few weeks that any other sort of comfort, ie writing, has become redundant. So let me put myself back on the map here bit by bit where I can.

I had the most wonderful dinner last night. I love little gestures that make my heart jump and skip. And Ash did just that --- other than the usual times :) --- when he surprised me by taking me out for dinner by the beach in Bagan Lalang, where we had a wonderful dinner together by ordering fresh seafood cooked to our preference. It was yummy! Even myself, not being a seafood fan, loved it. We had ikan pari bakar (grilled sting ray), sotong goreng tepung (squid fried in batter), and sweet and sour lala (sweet and sour clams); a perfect combination for a meal for two.

Earlier, tired from work, I asked Ash to decide on where to eat since I was worn out and couldn't think. I woke up an hour or so later with him telling me to get ready to drive to Perak. Instead, he took me on twists and turns into inner roads and surprised me as we turned the corner and we were welcomed by the sight of the setting sun, casting shades of purple, pink and orange on the sea's water. It was a pleasant surprise that gave me a rush, and I regretted telling him earlier that seafood wasn't high on my list, as it deflated his surprise.

But Sayang, you know I loved it anyway. The food was good and the company was wonderful. And you know wherever there is you, everything becomes beautiful. Thank you for dinner that night... Can we go again?

Love,
Linzy

1 comment(s):

Dearests said...

Congratulations on the blogshop.
My sister has one too.
www.fashionsweethearton9.blogspot.com
Do check it out.
Will forward your blogshop add to her and maybe you guys can be liaisons.
Take care. I miss MSN-ing with you.

Post a Comment