Friday, March 02, 2007

Vacuum

It's possible that--well, that we'd be forever locked in this vacuum where we'd never progress, nor ever find out what lies in these paths that we *might* have if we break out from this. We'd have to be the humans we are supposed to be, and fall to our knees, careful to not break as we hit reality.

It's nice to know that we aren't always lifeless like we make ourselves to be. Too many times I've realized that I've let myself become an automaton, safe and predictable. But in such welcoming reprieve, I am comforted, I am brought to peace. I find that a lock has been undone, and for a little while, something is able to stretch the legs of its long dormant wilderness and run free. I think its beautiful.

It is times like these....it gives you freedom of time in its vacuum. Allowing my mind to visit dusty yesterdays and see how they've been, though my presence isn't always welcome. I gain a little something here, lose part of me a little there... Sometimes I like burying my head in the past, and let my mind swim with memories, sweet smelling, almost like home. I love how your sense of smell can bring you back to a certain part of your life and plays a clip of it in your mind, finger pressed on fastforward. Waking up from it is both painful and sweet...it reminds you of things you no longer have as well as that you've come this far.

We live in the now, so deceitful yet so forceful in its truth. Sometimes I cannot see the blurry lines that I walk upon, wondering where it begins and where it stops. I suppose I cannot really see when I am standing on it, my footsteps marring them with each step I take.

We'd find it. Damn, I know I'd find it. It's just that, now, I am afraid of where I'll find it.

Love, Lin~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment